Sunday, February 11, 2007

I don't like Brandy

Tonight, I went out to one of my favorite cocktail 'lounges' to celebrate my brother's birthday. I was, of course, with my brother, his fiancee, my parents and my boyfriend. I started out with a vodka raspberry limonade. It was perfect, not too sweet as some fruity drinks are.

After that, I moved on to a Manhattan. This was a mistake on my part, as I am not a fan of Brandy. Manhattan and Cosmopolitan became jumbled in my brain. I don't know why...they just did. I had to pass that drink on to the birthday boy.

After that I moved onto a sloe gin fizz. In my book, you can never go wrong with gin. Bombay Sapphire G&T is my favorite drink. My boyfriend bought me a gigantic bottle of Bombay Sapphire for Christmas this year and it is nearly gone. (No worries, we've shared it with plenty of guests at our house.) Come to think of it...my other brother got me a gigantic bottle of Beefeater Gin a few years ago for my birthday...that lasted a while longer as I lived alone at the time. Point is, I love the taste of a good gin.

Next time I will stick with my G&T - crisp and refreshing, how could I ever pass it up for a Manhattan??? Perhaps my taste in liquor isn't considered to be cultured, classic or even reputable, but I don't care. I like what I like and I know that I don't like brandy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandy doesn't like you either. She's a Manhattan b*otch (even though she grew up on LI). HA!

Mike D. said...

Whatever you do, don't slow down in front of Brandy on the freeway...

Distasteful? Possibly.

Do you expect better from me?!?

Anonymous said...

What about spodie?

Mary said...

I don't think I can remember trying spodies before..

Mike D. said...

Just be sure to clean your bathtub before you make it.