Tuesday, September 18, 2007

There is still some play left in me...

My apologies to my college friends, but I am starting this entry with a story about Germany...well, sort of. The other morning I caught the last 15 minutes of Germany/Japan game in the Women's World Cup and was reminded of playing soccer in a small town that had an opening on their roster b/c their star player had just made the German National Team. The best soccer that I have ever played was in Germany, 12 years ago and many pounds earlier. It made me miss those days. It has been a struggle for me in the past few years to participate in a game the I love and enjoy so much. My co-ed team keeps on moving up divisions, which is great, I'm just a bit nervous about playing in that division again. As for the women's team that I started playing with last season - I had a great game tonight playing a position that I usually avoid like the plague: Center-Mid, tonight was an ego booster that I definitely needed. I am a lucky girl to have played on a German-City team way back when - and I'm a lucky girl to still be able to pull out a good game every once in a while!

No comments: