Monday, October 8, 2007

Mario the Musician


The other day as I was driving home from my soccer game I threw in a Postal Service cd into the car stereo. As music goes, I am a fan of a wide array of genres and like to switch it up depending on what mood I seem to be in. I find listening to TPS calming in a weird way - until I noticed something odd about their music. All of their music sounds like it could be the background music in a Super Mario Brother's video. All of a sudden, while driving home, I couldn't get the idea of Mario and Luigi jumping in and out of gigantic green tubes, flying turtles, that wierd mushroomheaded thing and gold coins. I fear that from now on I will never be able to take TPS seriously - my brain will be too busy trying to get Mario Bros 3 out of my head.

No comments: