Sunday, May 6, 2007

Pennsylvania Ave




I write this from Washington DC. I flew in last night and this morning at 90 am I ran a 5k for Race for Hope...I had to get up at 7 for this (4am my time) and am paying for it tonight. I have never been so tired at 10pm! (not because it was 5k, but because it was so early in the morning!)
I love Washington D.C. I have been here two years in a row lobbying Congress for my industry, we also meet with the governmental industries in our agency. Opportunities like this is why I love what I do. Sure, the day to day gets a bit mundain, but the opportunity to talk to my state's Congressmen give me the hope that my voice can actually be heard.
Last year was my first time to the east coast and I brought my parents with me, because my mom has been telling me my whole life that if I was ever to go to DC she was to go with me to show me all the sights. I won't be doing too much sightseeing this trip (although we do have a limo night tour planned) but I am going to New York City after to this to visit one of my good
friends.

No comments: