Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Adidas - you should know better than that


I found this in my inbox today and it truly hurts my feelings that Adidas would use this picture to advertise. (The guy isn't planting his foot before taking a corner kick, What the..) This is why I can't watch movies or t.v. shows that contain fictional soccer situations. Apparently there aren't any REAL soccer players in the entertainment business. (You heard me David Beckham!) The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants was ruined by bad soccer scenarios (she runs around with her hair in her face and a sports bra) I think that there was a Will Farrell movie involving soccer, but I was too scared to even attempt to watch it. Bend It Like Beckham wasn't too bad, but I speak of only parts of the movie where no one was playing soccer. Victory (1981) would get my vote as the best soccer movie, but only because Pele is in it and I haven't seen the movie since 1988. I think if I saw it today the movie would be ruined by watching Sylvester Stallone 'play' soccer. All I remember is that they are a team of prisoners (Nazi Camp?) and they have a plan of escaping during half time - but they decide to play the whole game out, I think due to pride. See. Spot on for a soccer player.

2 comments:

Mike D. said...

My favorite soccer movie was the Shawshank Redemption.

DragonTeaser said...

Have You Seen "Mean Machine"?
It's the Guy Ritchie version of "The Longest Yard"
Fortunately there's no Sylvester or his Stallone