Tuesday, April 22, 2008

HUH?

I noticed this morning while making a much needed coffee run that a house across the street from the corn was on fire. The fire department was there, but the fact that there weren't any sirens or lights flashing made me think that it was some kind of practice drill (the house has been abandoned for the 3 years that I have been driving by it.) Then it occurred to me that perhaps the Kent fire department picked the wrong day to burn down a house for practice (Earth Day), then again, it is Kent. (Did I mention the corn?) What really made me laugh was that while I was driving by the house I was listening to a radio station that was playing Talking Head's 'Burning Down the House'. Seriously?

I put in my 2 weeks notice last Friday, only a week and a half left of the joys of working in Kent. SeaTac here I come. Wooohoooo....

11 comments:

Mike D. said...

better hookers.

Mary said...

I wouldn't know... I have noticed that as I move up my 'career ladder' that I am moving up the ladder in quality of cities (IMHO)... Blaine - Kent - SeaTac. Maybe someday I can work in Seattle.....someday.

mommy23 said...

Congrats! Where will you be working now?

Mary said...

SeaTac - so now everyone can stop by and have lunch with me when they are flying in or out of Seattle. :)

mommy23 said...

Ah, as in the Airport! I get it now! ;) We'll let you know next time we take a flight. Colin works down there on the 3rd runway too sometimes...

Anonymous said...

Fire+Giant Corn Field=Hot Butter and a good movie.

Congratulations!

Mary said...

Too bad the giant corn wasn't in the house that was on fire - it would be like the Real Genius ending.

BTW: Real Genius = best movie EVER.

caitlin said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lueRaOwFK0Q

DragonTeaser said...

real genius.I had forgotten about that movie.usually when i describe it nobody knows what i'm talking about.

remember his friend that won every single contest?

Mary said...

The moterhome filled with prizes was awesome. My favorite part was the voice of God thru the braces, real genius!

ha!

DragonTeaser said...

Who would have thought that the real genius would have grown up to be Batman.
Now I need to go out and rent it.(not batman.real genius)
Also:RAD,The Chipmunks Great Adventure,some Saved By the Bell episodes,Happy Days(the one where The Fonz water-ski's over a shark and you can't forget Jem and the Holograms the movie.