Wednesday, April 9, 2008

April 8th

Even though technically it is now April 9th (what am I doing up so late) I am going to pretend that it is April 8th, so when I type 'today' I really mean yesterday and when I type 'tomorrow' I really mean today.

If you have talked to me in any form of communication in the last couple of months, I have mentioned to you that I was taking my Customs broker's exam this week. Sorry about that - I tend to babble on about what is at the top of the brain for me, but you already know this so I don't feel too bad. I have been dreading April 7th for the last two months. Every time any date in April was mentioned before the 7th I would feel the muscles in my neck tense up. I realize that this wasn't helpful to my final goal of passing the test. I also realize that if I don't pass the test its not the end of the world and I can take it again in 6 months...last year's tests had an average passing rate of 8% and that is one of the higher numbers that I have heard. The good news is that I feel good about how I did yesterday (two days ago). It'll be a close call either way I have about 6 weeks to find out if I passed.

I feel as if a 15lb weight has been lifted from my shoulders (funny, since I haven't been to the gym or on the soccer field in three weeks). This morning (yesterday morning) I realized that it was the 8th and I was now free to do what I please with my free time. I made a mental list of all the things I was going to do in my free time today (yesterday): call the church and reception hall to make appts, start my taxes, play soccer. Sounds pretty straightforward and easy right - nope not for me. Here is what I really did today (yesterday) after work. Chat with a friend for a while (HAPPY BIRTHDAY RULAND, its tomorrow (today)), take a 2 hour nap, spend the rest of the evening cleaning the kitchen and living room. Thanks to my nap, I missed yet another game, but I can't express how good it feels to have a clean kitchen again. (This makes me very aware that I'm turning into my mom.)

And then I found $5.00.

3 comments:

DragonTeaser said...

Good to hear your test is over.I say that a lot to my kids.Except of course I'm the one that's testing them.You're still living in the Northwest which is completely not fair.Cleaning the kitchen is the worst of our problems now.It's actually really funny.
We have huge roses in the front of our house,like amazingly big.I didn't know they got that big.And every time I'd walk by hundreds of flies would swarm.I didn't know that flies liked roses that much either.Come to find out,the toilet we had been using for over a month in the bathroom that's located right behind where the roses are had never actually been hooked up.It's one of those times where you don't want to stop and smell the roses.But on the bright side,our roses were as big as my daughters head.
The moral of the story is:Even if you don't pass your test.You're still getting married.
-Jon-

Mary said...

I like roses. I feel exactly the opposite about untreated sewage.

You should make a bouquet of roses with your daughter in the middle - just don't put the boquet in a vase full of water.

DragonTeaser said...

I should just do that anyway and give her a snorkel.